Friday, September 9, 2011

Life's a Dance

Yes folks, guess what I'm doing.  I'm coming out of my hermiting habits and joining the ranks of humanity again. :D  After taking the summer off of blogging (it wasn't really a conscience decision, just kinda happened) I'm ready to get back at it.  I will take time to finish my series on women in the home, but for now I'll quick update you on how my life has been expanding.

You see....I'm now kinda like one of those um...uh.... old people/college students.  Yep, after graduating from homeschool in June, I'm now taking classes full time at a local community college.   I was advised by someone that my freshman year of college along with State Officer obligations, I would be busier than I ever would have thought possible.  I'm quickly finding that to be impossible.  While things may speed up here in a bit, I will tell you, last year was about 150x busier.  I have a Algebra class on Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00-12:50, an English class at 6:00-9:15 P.M. on Tuesday, and Communication (2:00-5:00) and Poli-Sci (6:00-9:15) on Thursdays.  Nothing on Fridays.  Just throwin' it out there....I was gone from 7:45-4:00 every school day last year plus had meetings probably 1-2 times a week after school.  Ya, that was busy.  :D  So now I'm adjusting and trying to figure out how I'm going to make it through this year. I think I have some ideas......but they are currently under construction. 

Going backward a little, the 2011 Calhoun County fair brought many highlights and excitements.  You see....this year I decided to run for the fair queen.  Ya, I know, you probably never expected it from me.....lol.  Anyway, I went for it regardless and had a blast doing it. 
I was privileged to be named the 2011 Calhoun County fair queen.  Wow.  I was NOT expecting this.  My first time running with many girls who have run over and over.  It was a shocker for me.  Cool side note, 4 of the 6 teens on court have been homeschooled.  :)

Monday I showed my dairy goats and won my showmanship class (Senior).  Rebekah won intermediate, and Elizabeth won Junior!!!  After goats, I showed my starter calf.  This year is my second year showing calves and I really enjoy it.  I wasn't expecting it in the least, but I won senior showmanship!  That was one of those highlights of the year!  I also won my market class as well.  Pretty cool!


Elizabeth joined me in showing swine this year and we had loads of fun.  2011 was her first year in 4-H so she was pretty excited.  She went in there and did her thing, placing 4th in Jr. Swine Showmanship.  Yep, I was pretty much proud of her all the way through. :D  I also competed in showmanship but placed 8th. :/  Ahh well....

Market classes went well....my individual placed 1st in her class and my pen went 1st as well.  Kinda fun. 

I'm trying to keep this brief enough, but on Saturday we competed in Show of Champions (you compete in this if you win showmanship).  Because I won in starter calves, Abigail (who got 2nd in goat showmanship) got bumped up so Abigail, Rebekah, Elizabeth, and I all competed.  Guess what?!?!  Elizabeth got Reserve Champion Jr. Showman!!!  Well I got Reserve Champion Sr. Champion but not quite as big a deal.  Anyway, fun times!!

Trying to think of anything else really exciting that I want to share.  I'm going to do my best to keep up with this again.  Keep me going folks! 

Oh, and you know what?  I kinda missed everyone here.....:/

~Bethany~

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Glad to see you back, Bethany! And wow, great job at the fair with everything! Congrats!

Jenna said...

Glad you're back to the blog, girlfriend! Great way to use up a few minutes, right...hehe:)

Thank you for the encouragement today...love ya.