Friday, December 31, 2010

2010.....a pure blessing

The year 2010 has been filled with new things for yours truly, new shows, new fairs, new livestock, new school, new experiences, new look.  It's been an amazing year and it is with meloncholy thoughts that I say goodbye to it.  On top of all that, it is the end of a decade.  A decade in which I've changed so much, yes from 7 years old to 17, it's been filled with many changes.  10 years ago I had just gained two little sisters.  I was to gain 2 more siblings plus many "siblings" through foster care in the next 10 years.  I got into 4H, FFA, found a love for agriculture, politics, God, my family.  I can only hope that the next 10 years will be just as amazing!  Here at the end of the year, I am reminded of these words,

"Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done!"


What a beautiful song!  Perhaps it wasn't a perfect year.  There were times I just  wanted it to be done.  But God is powerful and always saw me through everything.  He is a merciful and loving God and I would be nothing without Him.


Now as we look forward towards a new year I pray that I will keep my heart open to God's direction and listen to His call.  And I just can't wait to see what He has for me!  How exciting! :) 


I think this verse will be my theme verse for the year 2011. 

Psalm 37:4,7
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.


May you all enjoy a wonderful New Years Eve and have a wonderful beginning of the year 2011!


In Christ,
~Bethany~

3 comments:

Joshua said...

May you have a wonderful and happy New Year as well, Bethany. God's blessings to you. :)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Jenna said...

Dear Friend~

Yes, 2010 has been an amazing year! Your post is beautiful and it so perfectly describes you - my faithful friend - and the heart that you have!

The verse from Psalms 37 is PERFECT and the neat thing, is that the LORD has been impressing those exact verses on my heart for the coming year...sounds like a lot of excitement, encouragement, learning, stretching and blessing for 2011!

Keep counting your blessings and serving HIM, Bethany! Love you!

Unknown said...

My! You have been busy. Good work on your Blog page. Nice selection on your playlist. I agree with you dad on most things. Trust in God and He will see you through.


Roy Sprunger