Monday, December 13, 2010

Since it's been forever......

Yeah I know, it's  been next to forever since I've posted anything on here.  I've finally fallen into back into my regular routine of school, meetings, chores, and life.  Today is a little out of the norm however....we got a snow day!  So instead of the usual quiet in the house on school days there are 4 additional people that are trying to find something to do.  On top of that, it's freezing cold (like 16*, realfeel of 1*).  So I'm catching up on web stuff and sitting upstairs by the fire.  It's 61* downstairs, so the 76* feels amazing. :)  Anyway.....

I did have a tragedy happen, my laptop was infected by a horrible virus.  I was told it was one of the worst viruses around and it's amazing I am able to still use it.  However, I did lose a lot of my pictures, including a bunch from my D.C. trip.  I was disappointed, but what can be done?  Oh, and the hinges broke on this thing, so I think it may be time for a new laptop soon.  I think I'll wait 'till right before college though. 

Anyway, here's some recent pics .......

Last week, the homeschool group had a field trip, going to a an old one room schoolhouse and learning like children did back in the 1800s.  I wasn't able to join because of school, but I thought I'd share the pictures!

The classroom full of children from grades 1-8!
 Two boys intent on studying.
 Jordan working hard.
 Mom was "teacher" for the day.

We also did our annual cookie baking day and caroling!  I don't have too many pictures of the day, but I do have a picture of some of the goodies!!!


Our family also picked out our Christmas tree at a small tree farm near our place.  


It's now sitting in our living room not decorated :)  We just bought the lights today, so I guess it will get decorated later this afternoon.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!
~Bethany~

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Dear Friend~

Thank you for calling on your way home from school this afternoon! I'm always thrilled to see your phone number on our Caller I.D. and treasure all of the time that we can spend talking, laughing, encouraging, praying and sharing with each other...the Lord has blessed our friendship and I am SO thankful for that(thankfulness has been our theme of conversation lately, hasn't it?!).


Have a wonderful time with your family and making those cookies:)

Love you always,
Jenna