Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Aiden, Strawberries, NATIONALS!

Here are a few pictures of me and my steer!  He's doing great and settling into life here at Asher Acres.  Sometimes he gets kinda mad at me if I don't do chores RIGHT on time, or I don't take him out 2x a day.  Ahh, he's so demanding.  :D 


We're all getting ready for the National show here.  We finally finished up shaving last night around 10:00.  Abigail and I decided to just go at it and get it done.  Today we were working on all of our tack and getting a shopping list together.  Tomorrow we go in for health papers and TB test results so we're getting pretty close!  Friday we'll have to work on getting the whole camper/trailer/van ready.  We're planning on going to bed around 9:00 so we can be up and on the road at 3:00 a.m.  We can't get into the barn until 7:30, but it will take us about 5-6 hours to get there.  We're taking our great friends, Josh and Jenna with us as well, so should be LOADS of fun! 

Abigail and I are still working full force over at Harvey's Farm and the picking is great!  The pickers picked over 400 pounds yesterday before 11:30.  Crazy crazy!  Many u-pickers have said this year is the best they've ever seen here, so we're enjoying it to the fullest!  Raspberries are coming on now too, so that's always fun. 

 The whole family picking @ Harvey's.  We all went swimming afterward in their pond.

Have a great rest of the week!  I'll try to post right before we leave for Nationals and perhaps our results as we go through the week.  We leave the 19th and come home the 26th.

~Bethany~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, new look on the blog! :)

Random - I like your hair curly!

Josie said...

Hi Bethany!
I know this sounds really bad but.... I've followed your blog for a while but I haven't ever commented. *sorry* Well, I'm commenting now! :)

I'm curious, were you at the 2010 Goat Expo in Lansing this year?? I was wondering cause you look aton like a person that was awarded something or was a queen of something. I'm sorry I can't think of it. If you weren't I'm sorry for have bothering you, if so please tell me.

Josie

Jenna said...

Your new design looks great, Bethany! And I love your header picture:)

Can't wait to see you Friday - we are going to have a blast!!! Yay!!

Love you,
Jenna

The Myers Family said...

Hey...I love the pictures!!! Of course we were going to work on that picture thing for me weren't you?? I guess that can be a project when you return for nationals. Have an awesome time there. We will miss you...but know that your time will be fun and you time with J & J will be an adventure. If I don't see you before...Have a great time!!!

The Myers' :)

Megan said...

I love the new blog design! Aww, it's so much fun to see animals personalities (I know that sounds weird, lol!) like our dog is kind of a neat freak and literally has a stack of chew toys and then a section with balls and if you move something he puts it back, lol.

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

Regan Family Farm said...

Love the new blog look...you're BOTH so cute :)

Tiffany said...

Hi Bethany,

You have been awarded over at my photography blog!

Anonymous said...

I love strawberries! We got a lot this year!
What a beautiful cow!!!! I sent you an e-mail

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for the e-mail! It's different then it was! I just clicked the contact tab on your blog is why. Thanks!
Ill try this again!