Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spot!

If this post seem discombobulated that's because I'm tired. :) Last night at 10:00 I was washing up the last the equipment for feeding kids and Dad had gone out to check on the goats in the barn. He came up to the door...."Spot, twins - buck and a doe". Me - "no, not really". Yeah, totally excited. lol! So anyway, we went out there and got them all cleaned up and brought them inside, I milked Spot and brought the colostrum in. I made it to bed by 11:00. I think we are getting the system down. Of course her already having them out on the ground cut out lots of time too.
Buck kid (big spots)
Both kids together on the counter in the barn.
Me drying them off with the hair dryer. That's what I look like at 10:30 p.m. lol!
Doe kid (Dorthy or Dot unless we keep her. Then she'll get a decent name :))
So I guess that's all of our recent news. Aren't they cute though? I think they look a lot like Candie except for the long ears. Spot is for sale and possibly both of her kids. We're waiting to see what we get out of the other two that still have to freshen.

'Till next time!
In Christ,
~Bethany~

2 comments:

Jenna said...

You look fine Bethany!! Even at 10:30:) lol...glad you got another one done~

Love you!
Jenna

Beth said...

How cute! That must have been a surprize. But I know you were glad you were out there to be one of the firsts to see them.