Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Asher Acres News

Today was quite a day! It was rather relaxing this morning, I put in several ceiling tiles that needed to be replaced downstairs, Abigail worked on some painting and everyone else just got some cleaning done. Then we went and took a nice long walk down to the river since it was such a beautiful day (70 and sunny!!). After getting some lunch, Abigail and I went down by an old tree by our driveway to and I did some reading and took a nap while Abigail did some landscaping. My shoulder has been giving me some trouble so I'm off limits to lifting anything heavy and she was moving rocks....so I couldn't help her. Around 3:00 she woke me up to to tell me that the boys were here. We have two new foster boys (9 & 5) that are now living with us. They are adorable and lots of fun! Sure, we're probably still in the "honeymoon" stage but so far it's been going quite well. Keep them (and us!) in your prayers though as there will be issues that will arise as they always do.

The old bridge built in 1958. :)
3rd cutting hay is down! Should be baling tomorrow.
Abigail and Ben on our walk.

As usual on our walks, we had casualties. (Elizabeth stubbed her toe) :)
Just some flowers
Abigail panting stuff for the boys' room.
All the kids!

Hope everyone's having a great week so far! We sold two milking goats so with the yearlings I'm drying off I'm just down to 5 milkers now. It's been chilly here at nights but oh so nice during the day which is very much welcomed after all the rain we got last week. Well, I'd better scoot outside, we're gonna have a bonfire! Yay!!!!

In Christ,
~Bethany~

5 comments:

The Myers Family said...

Yeah for you all. We will keep you all in prayers. Have a great time at your bonfire...eat a smore for me!

Angie

Anonymous said...

how cute!!! do u do round or square bales?

Sandy@American Way Farm said...

Congratulations on the newest members of your family. Foster children are very fortunate indeed to be able to live with you and your family. God bless.

Vanessa said...

Haha, couldn't stop but laugh about y'all's weather! We have the exact, in the 60s as a matter of fact, and at nights, in the 40s! Isn't is weird up north!?! lol

Vanessa

Jenna said...

How nice that you're able to dry up some does now!! I can't dry ours up 'til December:( Oh well!

Love ya!
Jenna