Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Farm Update

Just a quick farm update! 

First, we have a new heifer calf!  Sorry, I don't have any pictures yet.  Her name is Millie....she looks just like Adah so if you were wondering. :)  Another cute Jersey calf. 

Second, my Hamp. gilt is bred!  We are looking at mid. February for baby pigs so that will be a fun new experience!  We bred her with a Duroc, yes a strange cross, but since Duroc's are known for quick growth and I'm going to want something pretty fast growing since they are a little on the late side it should be perfect.  Ahhh, I'm getting really excited already! 

Third, we've got several sick ones around here.  Rachel and Rebekah were sick on Sat/Sun and Rebekah stayed home from school on Mon.  Elizabeth and Ben have been down since Mon, being pretty sick yesterday.  I'm also afraid Josh is coming down with the same thing, hopefully he won't come home from school sick.  Several schools have been closed in our area, so the flu is pretty much hitting everyone around here at once.  Whether it is H1N1 or not, no one's really sure but it's the flu one way or the other.  My advice....keep your hands washed, get plenty of outside air, get plenty of sleep, and eat healthy foods (try to get in lots of fruit).  Just my grand $0.02 of the day.  :P

Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Hope everyone else is staying healthy! 

~Bethany~

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Congrats on the new calf! Hope you stay healthy and that everyone else gets better soon:)

Love you!
Jenna

The Myers Family said...

Not a fun thing when that many are sick. They say that you can be a carrier for 2 days before you break out with this particular flu bug. Stay well...we are taking all precautions around here with clorox wipes and such even in our semi's and tractors when others drive them. Even though it is in the outdoors...one can never be too safe.

I may encourage those from my family to make a phone call instead of visit till we get the all clear. :) A good reason to write!

Feel better my friends!

The Myers'~