Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Myah and AA News

Asher Acres welcomes Myah to the farm!  She is a Jersey/Holstien calf and it is easily seen.  Not just in coloring but in size as well.  She is going to make a really really nice milker some day!  For now, she's just keeping Adah company. :)  


 Tired baby
 
Sorry the picture quality isn't the best.  Calves just DO NOT stand still for their pictures. 

Just for an update on what I've been up to at school.  We are going to be judging steers tomorrow, so pray that will all go well!  On Saturday we are waking up nice and early and heading down in Kentucky for a competition.  We'll be home really really late.  On Monday we turn around and head to Indianapolis for Nationals.  So that's Judging news.  Yesterday we did soil judging and that was really interesting.  We were able to judge soil really close to my house so that was cool!  I haven't been able to work with my steer for the last few days though so that's kinda difficult.  Thankfully a few of my classmates have been stepping in while I'm involved with Livestock judging.  Haven't seen the chicks for a few days either, hopefully they are doing ok!  They only have like 4 more weeks so that's gonna be great to be done with.  I also got a pig for a show in Jan. the we're going to.  I'm really looking forward to it!  It will be an AWESOME learning experience.  Oh, and last bit of news from me, I got bands on my braces yesterday so I can now officially hardly talk.  It's sad, but probably wonderful for others.  :)  However, positive side, I have just like 4 more weeks 'till they are coming OFF!!!!   Yay! 

Well, hope that brings everybody up to date on stuff going on here.  Oh, and how do you all like the new getup here at the blog??? 

Have a great evening and God bless!
~Bethany~

9 comments:

Living4Jesus said...

What a beautiful calf. :)

Congrats on being unable to talk....I mean, on almost being able to get your braces off. ;D ;) I got mine off just 8 months ago. It's wonderful! I'll warn you though: the removal process HURTS!!! OUCH!!! At least, it did for me.


I loved your wallpaper and new picture. :) Beautiful!

Love,
~E

The Myers Family said...

Love the fall colors...it really gets a person in the mood.

We wish you the best with your judging, I know it seems overwhelming now, but the experience will be good in the long run.

Yeah for you...four more weeks. Just know, you won't be eating anything hard right away. I got braces off just a year and a half ago. I was so ready to bite into something that I wouldn't have to pick out of my teeth for a week. I however had to wait about two weeks for things to settle in my mouth so it didn't hurt as much. But this is coming from a person who had to have shots to numb their mouth to have their braces off her front teeth. My kids laughed about that, they didn't need it. My Orthodontist said too he had never had to do that for a patient...I said I was getting him ready for all senarios that he might run in to when he started his practice. This was at U of M.

O.k. enough of this novel. We will pray for your travels and that you don't put too much stress on yourself with judging.

TTFN

The Myers'~ :)

Josh said...

Nice header and background! Myah looks nice from the picture and I hope to see her soon. It was really fun to see your Dad, Abigail, and Elizabeth today:) Suprise...

Gotta run, so God Bless,
Josh

Jenna said...

I like the new header picture and background alot, Bethany! And Myah looks very sweet:)

Sounds like you're quite busy...will you be on tomorrow morning? Hoping to talk and catch up with you soon!!

Kelsianne said...

The calf looks really cute!
I love your new backround and especially your header/picture. Is it a pix of where you live?

God Bless!

Kelsey

Joshua said...

The new blog background looks great Bethany. I love the photo at the top of your blog of the beautiful fall colors. Great pic. :)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Michele said...

The calf is so adorable. I love baby calves. The new "get-up" is so cute. You make me want to change mine.

Ashley

Regan Family Farm said...

Thumbs up on the blog art!

Unknown said...

so adorable!! I have never had braces, but from what my sisters say, they were SO glad when they came off! :)