Sunday, October 18, 2009

Purdue Livestock Judging


Yesterday I left our house at 4:15 and we arrived in Indiana around 7:50.  We were at a fairgrounds near Purdue University.  It was a beautiful brisk morning and we headed outside to judge 12 classes of livestock.  We did 4 beef (3 heifer classes, 1 market steer class), 4 hog classes (3 market classes, 1 breeding gilt class) and 4 sheep classes(1 breeding ewe, 1 breeding rams, 2 market lambs).  We had to give 4 sets of reasons, one on each of the following: Market Hogs, Market Steers, Breeding Ewes and Yorkshire Gilts.  They went okay, but not as good as I would have like them to go.  Still have lots of room for improvement.  :)  I am off today shopping for supplies for my week ahead at Nationals.  I'll be leaving tomorrow night.  We are going to a grading workshop near Nationals Tuesday then starting our competition on Wednesday!  I should be home Friday afternoon/evening.  So it's a busy week ahead! 


Here's a verse that's helpful to me when I'm ready to give up in the tough times of livestock judging.  Yeah, God cares even about livestock judging ('cause He cares about me, isn't He awesome?)

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God bless you all!

~Bethany~

4 comments:

The Myers Family said...

We wish you the best of luck at Nationals. We all will miss you.
Please know you will be in our prayers this week. Call if you need anything...you know I can be most anywhere in a short amount of time. And I promise not to complain either. :)

~Angie~

Rachel said...

He is definitely an awesome God! Worthy to be praised!

I pray that Nationals goes well. God bless you, Bethany, and I love your header picture on top of your blog. Very pretty. :)

Blessings and love in Him,
Rachel M.

Joshua said...

Have lots of fun and glorify God in all that you do. You will do great Bethany. :)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Jenna said...

Bethany,
Have a fun time at Nationals:) I will miss our chats, but will also look forward to hearing all about your experience!!
Keep the verse from Isaiah in mind, that is a comfort isn't it?!

Love you friend~