Monday, July 20, 2009

Major Prayer Request!!!!

Dear Friends,
I am coming to you with a prayer request on the behalf of our sister Rachel. She was born with a "hole" in her heart with her heart valves not working correctly. She was called a "blue baby". When we adopted her, her finger tips and lips were always blue and she was always cold. We brought her home from Ukraine (her birth place) and just 6 weeks later she was in the hospital having an open heart surgery. That was almost 9 years ago now and on her latest check up they found that the "hole" had reappeared. :( Her open heart surgery is scheduled for tomorrow 6:30 a.m. and they are at the hospital right now running tests and getting everything ready. This is not just a minor surgery as they will be taking her heart out, putting her on a "fake heart" while they are making the repairs. She will probably be at the hospital all week and the hospital is about 2 hours away so we are separated as a family right now. Please pray that everything goes well, that God will guide the doctors hands, that she has peace about it and for minimum pain. Pray for our family as we are not all together and that those here at home get along and enjoy each other. :) If you would like to post this on your blog and spread the word, I would appreciate it!

God bless you all!

~Bethany~

10 comments:

Kelsianne said...

I'll be praying!

Anonymous said...

Hi BEthany,

I am a mother of five in Idaho and I just love to follow your blog. We have just gotten into goats and have enjoyed the goat shows with you! We will most certainly be praying for your sister and your family. Keep up the great living for Jesus...He will not fail you now!

jjfortheking said...

I'll surely be praying!

Jhoppster said...

I had a friend who once had to have heart surgery because of a hole in his heart. The Lord, thankfully, saw it fit to keep him alive. I definitely will be praying for your sister.

Joshua said...

I will be praying Bethany....

Josh said...

I'm praying for you and the fam Bethany and that God will give you and Rachel peace in your hearts...

God bless dear friend,
Josh

Regan Family Farm said...

I talked to your mom and Rachel a little while ago. We'll be praying!
Mrs. Regan

CreatedToBe said...

I will be praying Bethany. The Lord is with her right now, your family and with you. I am praying that she makes it out of the surgery. Trust in Jesus and he will stay by you side.

Bridget

Brooke said...

I am praying for you and your family!
God Bless,
Brooke

Rebecca said...

I will be praying!!