Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thankful

Yesterday seemed to be a day of accidents. Around noon we received a call from a friend who told us that a family we knew had been in a bad accident. They have 7 children 13 and under and they drive a 12 passenger van. The mom was driving and lost control of the van and it rolled. One of the girls said it rolled 3 times. It hit trees, all the windows were broken and it was really banged up. Thankfully they all their seat belts on and other than a few minor injuries they were all fine. The Dad (who was not in the van) said that if you look at the van you would think that a person had to have died. God was surely with them.

Our family also had a few minor injuries. We went to volleyball last night and I started running and the floor was wet and I hit my chin on the floor and got a good split in the chin. My jaw really hurts, but I am so thankful it wasn't worse. I could have had to go to the hospital for stiches (which some people probably would have said I needed stiches, but I didn't think so) or I could have had a concussion landing on my head that way, etc. I am just so thankful. Katelin also ran into the hitch on the van yesterday so she is hurting a bit, but again, it could have been worse.

All this makes me think of how someday we are going to die, never to return to this earth. Our bodies are going to rot in the ground and turn back to dust. Our souls (the real you) is going to go to be with Jesus FOREVER! No pain, no hurt. I look forward to it. I just hope I can do more here on earth for God before He calls me home.

Till next time!
~Bethany~

3 comments:

Ryan said...

That's right on Bethany,
I hope all of us will strive to be passionate about doing more.

Ryan

P.S. Hope you all feeling better :)

Jenna said...

Hey Bethany,
I tagged you! Head on over to my blog to see the rules:)

Have a great day,
Jenna

Rachel said...

Praise Him! I will be praying that you feel better soon from the pain.

Isn't it neat? I mean, when we go to heaven, there will be no more tears and no more pain. Praise Him! :)