Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fair-Wednesday

Wednesday was another big day. Steers and Swine both begin showing at 9:00 a.m. Abigail was one of the three pulled out in her "heat" and won 2nd overall! I didn't begin showing until after noon since Pens (2 hogs shown by one exhibitor) showed first. My individual got 2nd place so I had to hang around for the Grand to be picked. The one who placed above mine actually won Grand so I had to scoot 'im on out there again. Unfortunately, he didn't win. :/ It was still fun though. 6:00 brought the Small Animal Auction and we had to hang around until we sold around 9:30 at night. I was very thankful to still have a buyer, with the late timing and the poor economy. Thank you, Thank you to my awesome buyers.
Abigail in showmanship
After being pulled out to head out to the next heat!
The runway for the pigs from the swine barn to the show arena.
Abigail selling her market wether!

Today we got an early start to our canning and got 35 quarts of peaches canned before noon. Then we were off to a homeschool lunch-in but Abigail and I only stayed long enough to eat. Then we walked back (it's just about 2 1/2 miles) and cleaned out all of our tack boxes from fair. Ahhhh, good job to have done!

In Christ,
~Bethany~

No comments: