Friday, August 14, 2009

Late night prep

Just thought I'd post real quick on what going on here. We are getting our last little fair projects together and it's almost 11:30. I'm about ready to hit the sack. We baled hay today and got around 450 bales, an excellent 3rd cutting! It was a long day but got lots done. Tomorrow we head off the fair early in the morning to get all of our projects judged, then come back home and I have to go to a different fairgrounds for livestock judging and the rest of the family gets last minute fair supplies around. We camp at the fair so we need to take all kinds of stuff. Abigail and Dad will bring all of our tack and that kinda of stuff to the fairgrounds and get all of our pens set up. So....lots to do in the next few days! Busy busy busy!

Here are just a few pictures taken recently:
My fair barrow. He's getting SO big!!!
My gilt......I'm planning to breed her in a few months.
photography pics for fair!!!
more pics for fair

God bless!
~Bethany~

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Your barrow looks wonderful, Bethany! I can't wait to hear how you do in showmanship and breed classes;) Our fair is down 80 hogs this year...is your fair down any?

Have a fantastic time at fair!

Love ya,
Jenna

p.s. When do you show your hog?

Bethany said...

Thanks Jenna! I don't think our fair is down any. I know there are a few that are reaching the age limit but there are also new ones coming in. I show showmanship Tuesday night and market classes are Wednesday all day long. It's always a long day since Abigail shows steers that day as well.

Love ya girl!
~Bethany~

Sandy@American Way Farm said...

You have the cleanest pigs I've ever seen! Mine are covered with mud. Of course I don't wash them every day either. Hope you do well at the fair.

Galloping Guitarist said...

Hey sista!
I hope you all do well at the fair. Bring home lots of blue! :-) What all are you showing in?
Love ya!
Lydia