Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Brother/Sister Week!

I am one of those people who has a facebook page and this week is Brother/Sister week!  Everyone is changing their profile pictures to pics of them and their siblings and it's just kinda fun. 

I decided to do a post on all of my siblings.  As you know, my siblings change from time to time, but I'm going to go on what I have right now.


 
A picture of all of us (plus Myah, a foster girl from a year ago).
 
 Rebekah, Rachel and I sleeping out in the "fort". 
  
 All of us with our dairy cows/heifers.
  
 Ben, Elizabeth, Rebekah and Rachel at the county fair!

On to just a few words about each of my siblings:

  
 Abigail (14, almost 15) is my closest, sweetest, most amazing and beautiful friend in the world.  She and I have always been extremely close and I am so thankful for the relationship we have! 
  
 Rachel (14) is quickly growing up, it's amazing how much she has grown and improved since she was adopted!  She is a great hard worker and enjoys spending time with all of her siblings.
  
 Rebekah (13) is a beautiful girl quickly growing up!  We were just listening to some old tapes that we made when we were really little (like as in, she was 5) and it was amazing how much she has grown up since then! 
  
 Elizabeth (8) is about the sweetest little sister you can get.  When I was gone over the weekend, I came back to so many hugs that I think it was worth going away just to get all the lovin' when I got back!  :)  It's so much fun to watch her grow up into a beautiful girl!
  
 Ben (5) is a bundle of energy, fun, excitement and cuteness all wrapped into one package!  He's all boy but still gets along great with his sisters.  What a sweet little guy he is!  Having some other guys around in the house has helped him too and he's becoming quite a nice little man. :)
  
 Josh and Jon and two sweet little boys.  I always love the hugs I get from them every day.  What would I do without them?!?!  Even admist the cars/trucks flying across the floor ever day, I am still so glad they can be in our home.  They will be missed when they leave.

1 Corinthians 13:1-8a and 13
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

Hebrews 13:1
Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters.

In Christ,
~Bethany~


6 comments:

Jenna said...

What a sweet post:) I'm so glad that I have siblings...I always wondered how hard it is to be an only child (not that they can help it) because life would seem so dull without all the wonderful chaos that siblings bring!!!


Enjoy those hugs!

The Myers Family said...

Awww...great blog!

Dad said...

Thank you for proving my detractors of many years ago wrong. I used to get a lot of comments about how terrible life would be when you were this age. They were, like, totally wrong. You are, like, totally awesome. Love you!!!

Jenna said...

Hi Bethany!

Thank you for the sweet post! You are a wonderful girl, Bethany! :)
All of your siblings seem so sweet and lovely! That is great that you have foster children in your home... What an amazing ministry!
I love my two siblings, and I can't imagine life without them. My little sister is a sweet bundle of joy, and my big brother is a wonderful young man who I love to be with! :)
May the Lord bless you on this lovely Wednesday evening!

Your Sister In Christ,
Jenna

topblogger said...

Dear Bethany and blog readers! My name is topblogger, I want to show you the new program. Promoheads brings new level of efficiency into the way you monetize your web site traffic and run targeted ad campaigns.
Learn http://promoheads.blogspot.com/

Galloping Guitarist said...

Love seeing pictures of ya'll!