Sunday, February 28, 2010

MDGS

    Michigan Dairy Goat Society!

MDGS is our state dairy goat society.  Our family has been a member of this society for about 4 years now.  Every spring we attend the Spring Goat Day held it the State University where there are several seminars on goat health, management, youth activities and more.  Last year I entered a short story, research paper and poem in the writing contest and goat cheese and macaroni and cheese (made with goat milk and goat cheese) in the cooking contests.  I got 1st or 2nd with all of them.

This year I am entering in the Michigan Dairy Goat Society Youth Representative competition.  I sent in a list of accomplishments/resume and just had my interview today.  We'll find out the results in just less than 2 weeks.  I can't wait!  I thought the interview went very well, and just so you all know, I mentioned my blog.  :)

No more babies to report yet...but we are waiting on a few!  Have a great rest of your weekend!

~Bethany~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That sounds neat! Congrats on the babies too! Just wanted to tell you that my computer has been having a lot of trouble loading your page- it takes FOREVER!!! ;D Just wanted to let you know,
-Emily

Regan Family Farm said...

Hope you get the good news! Congrats on a great start to kiding season, too.
Mrs. Regan

Jenna said...

I'm glad that your interview went well, Bethany! If we get extra milk, I'm planning on making a few things for the cooking entry...

Can't wait to see you there!!!
Love you <3
Jenna